Monday, April 24, 2006

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars / Avril Lavigne 'Over the Hedge' promos

Since I bought my computer 1½ years ago I haven't had any problems at all running games released over the years. As I intended to use it for both games and to play/edit heavy media clips I went for the then newest graphic card from nvidia called 6800 ultra. The card has worked very well up until now.

The game that finally "defeated" my card was Oblivion. Offcourse the game is playable on my system but I can't play it as I want to. Most games are tweakable but in this game's case too much is lost if you choose to turn off or decrease the quality of the graphics. So, it looks like I will need to upgrade my card in the near future to be able to play the upcoming games.

And talking about upcoming games; Splash Damage together with ID Software is currently developing a new tactical online-only strategic shooter called Enemy Territory: Quake Wars.
The game takes place just before the beginning of Quake II (Earth is being attacked by the alien race Strogg) and will let the player choose from playing one of the Strogg forces or one of the EDF (Earth Defense Force).

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars will use an updated version of the Doom III engine that includes a new "megatexture" mapping technology. This allows the game to feature huge detailed outdoor environments without any need for fog or other effects to mask a limited draw distance. This sound cool, but should come with one major problem: you'll probably need a high-end graphic card to run the game. The minimum system requirements hasn't been revealed yet but you only need to take a look at the screenshots to understand that they will be very high.

The official homepage doesn't contain much information at the moment but both Gamespy and Gamespot has published previews of the game. Enemy Territory: Quake Wars is planned for a Q3 release.




From Stroggs to forest creatures. Dreamwork's animated movie Over the Hedge opens up in less than a month. Avril Lavigne is making the voice of Heather. Here she is on six Over the Hedge promo pics.






Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: